Ask the Dentist – We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…
…to bring you this most exciting announcement!!
TODAY IS THE GRAND OPENING OF FAMILY DENTAL CARE PARK RIDGE’S NEW OFFICE!
111 S. WASHINGTON SUITE #202
PARK RIDGE, IL 60068
If you’ve been following the saga of the creation of our new dental office, then you know it has been a journey of sweetness, of learning experience, of bumps in the road and of success. As we open the doors to our treasured patients today, we do so with pride and with incredible gratitude. It is suggested by many life coaches to start a gratitude list…a list that helps you to stop and acknowledge just how grateful you are for the people or events in your life. In that vein, I would like to share my gratitude list here to acknowledge the people and events that made the opening of Family Dental Care Park Ridge’s new office possible.
- First, we would not be opening the door to our new office at all if it wasn’t for the brilliant creative genius that is my husband, Tony Scimeca. Tony put so many countless hours of work into the design and building of this new awesome space, I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am. When I would panic, he would reassure. When I floundered, he picked me up. I am telling you…there is no possible way that we would be here today if not for his hard work and perseverance. Tony, I love you. and … I am grateful.
- I know this is sounds all hokey and mushy but…that’s how I roll! I would not be at this new office today if it wasn’t for the love, support and mentoring of my Mom, Dorothy Anderson and my Dad, the late Dr. Ken Anderson. Mom and Dad instilled in me a belief that I can do and be anything that I wanted. When I decided to become a dentist, I couldn’t have had a better role model than my Dad. I KNOW that my Dad would be so thrilled with this new office. He would probably have volunteered to be the permanent “greeter” just so he could hang out here…here in the practice that he started back in 1954!. And Mom…poor Mom…had to listen to my frequent phone calls drenched in worry and doubt and, no matter what was going on, as only my Mom can do, she made me feel better and that everything was going to turn out just fine…and, guess what? She was right! (Moms are always right!). Mom, I am so lucky to have you and I love you very much and… I am grateful.
- My awesome and reliable and gifted contractors, Tom, Sylvester, Matt, Roman, Mike, Jim, Allan and Ben have made this experience truly delightful. I would recommend each and every one of them to anyone who needs outstanding work. I am grateful.
- Friends. Where would any of us be without our friends…the people who really get you…the people who will put up with your mood swings and rants and pipe dreams. I can’t imagine getting through this without the dinners with friends that made each “tomorrow” easier. I can’t imagine getting through this without conversations over wine about how to keep moving forward. To my dear friends, I love you. I am grateful.
- Comcast….yes, you heard me correctly. Comcast. I can’t tell you how many times Milton from Comcast talked me off of the ledge. He made sure that I got my service expedited, he solved multiple AT&T problems for me and he remained calm, cool and collected in the face of my frantic outbursts. Cable companies in general get such a bad rap and I am here to tell you that my experience with Comcast has been nothing short of stellar. I am grateful.
- The equipment that we have, the dental materials that we use each day, the maintenance and repair of all things dental….we couldn’t do it without Holt Dental Supply. Ken Moore (best dental equipment guy ever) and Elizabeth Hicok (most conscientious sales rep ever) have guided and instructed us throughout this whole adventure and have made us feel important and cared for. I am grateful.
- The City of Park Ridge has been extremely helpful and cooperative in our efforts to do everything according to the rules. Two people that really stand out in terms of making our journey go more smoothly are Cathy Doczekalski and Steve Cutaia. I am grateful.
- Friendly Solutions is the most exceptional IT company ever. I have been working with Rafal and Peter and Jerry for a couple of years now as they helped us baby our old computer system along at the old office. Seeing them put together a high tech computerized environment at the new office has been something to behold. And, yes, they held my proverbial hand through my panic over transferring data and keeping wires straight. I am grateful.
- I am constantly moved by how supportive and loving our patients are. Our patients are our inspiration. Our patients give us purpose. Our patients make us want to do better. I am grateful.
- And last, but definitely not least, the amazing people of Family Dental care Park Ridge. Dr. Carolyn Demas who has been with me for over five years, Dr. Matt Demas who has been with me for almost two years, Vivien the super receptionist, Irene the dedicated assistant and Margaret the cheerful assistant. This incredible group of people motivate me and make me excited about continuing the journey. There would be no doors to open if I didn’t have a group of such dedicated and loving people to open them to. I am grateful.
Yes I am grateful as we mark a milestone in the history of Family Dental Care Park Ridge. Please join us in celebrating this momentous move. Stop by anytime that you are in the area…we love visitors! Keep checking our website for information on an Open House in the near future. And, thank you for letting me hijack Ask the Dentist as we interrupted our regularly scheduled programming today. I was pretty sure that you would understand….and, for that…I am grateful.